- 1 tbs Lotus Cricket Flour
- 2 tsp Lotus Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 ½ cups Lotus All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix*
- ½ cup Lotus Organic Rapadura Sugar
- ¼ tsp Lotus Fine Sea Salt
- 250g Ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp Organic vanilla essence
- 1 Lemon rind and juice
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- Rice bran oil for deep frying
- Gluten free icing sugar or cinnamon
- ½ tsp orange extract (optional)
1. Beat ricotta to a creamy consistency. Combine vanilla essence, orange extract, lemon rind and juice, and eggs one at a time.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix batter until just combined. Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Heat rice bran oil in a deep pan until it reaches 170ºC (use a thermometer if possible).
4. Drop rounded teaspoons of mixture into hot oil and fry for 3 minutes. Be sure not to crowd the pan. Carefully remove doughnuts with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
5. Allow to cool and serve with icing sugar.
*Combine these ingredients to make 3 cups of our Lotus All Purpose GF Flour Mix
320g Lotus Organic Rice Flour
128g Lotus Organic Potato Flour
40g Lotus Organic Tapioca Flour
1 tsp Lotus Xanthan Gum